La Maison des Climats du vignoble de Bourgogne - Patrimoine mondial
Wine tour , History at Beaune
See photos (7)
Conceived as a place of interactive discovery for young and old alike, this exhibition immerses you in the world of the “Climats” (vine-growing land parcels) using a large-scale model of the vineyards, multimedia content and various fun-packed tables.
This introduction to the region revolves around 4 main elements:
- An iconic wooden frieze presenting the key dates and important characters from the history of the Climats, along with a glossary accessible to all;
- A 9-metre model showing the perimeter of the World Heritage site, on which you'll find the 1247 parcels, 40 communes and 11 main points of interest within the site.
- 2 operating blocks dedicated to geology and toponymy.
- A living fresco 9 metres long and 2 metres high: large-scale projection of a film that describes the landscapes and heritage of the World Heritage site, accompanied by a 3D sound system.
To bring out the true value of the scientific assets collected throughout the World Heritage nomination process (2008-2015) and make it fully accessible to visitors, since November 2017, the Maison des Climats now has 2 innovative digital devices:
- Tablets on site which include a digital augmented reality application. Coupled with the model, the application lets you zoom in on a plot, view the names of the Climats by village, and access real stories and additional content on the history and heritage of the Climats.
- An independent mobile application for you to download free on Appstore. It provides access to the same content and will eventually be linked to the Climats interactive map available to view at www.climats-bourgogne.com.
- Spoken languages
- Accepted customers
- Groups (Max capacity)
- 20 Person(s)
- See all reviews
- Mobility impaired